[two_third][heading type=1]Valerie A. Solomon PhD
[/heading] [heading type=3] Associate Professor, Rural Sociology and Development[/heading][heading type=3] CEESR Climate Change and Social laboratory[/heading][heading type=5] Member of UNIUYO Faculty since 2008[/heading] [/two_third]
Dr. Valerie A. Solomon
[heading type=2]RESEARCH INTEREST
[dropcaps type=”circle” color=”” background=””]G[/dropcaps]ender, Women and Social issues in Rural Livelihoods, Community Development and Climate Change. My focus has been how the potentials of people in rural communities can be harnessed so that they benefit from the knowledge, information and basic technologies emanating from these key sectors, leading to improved quality of life in rural communities in Nigeria in particular and Sub-Saharan Africa in general.
- Ph.D Agricultural Extension and Rural Dev, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, 2001.
- M.Sc. Agricultural Extension Services, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, 1997.
- B.(Agric) Agricultural Economics and Extension, University of Uyo, Nigeria, 1994.
[heading type=2]PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATES
- Certificate Course: Gender and Climate Change by the Global Gender and Climate Alliance, Durban, South Africa, 2011
- Certificate in Social Analysis Systems (SAS) – tools, approaches and methods for effective inquiry, action and learning by NEST, Nigeria. 2009
- Certificate Course: Women & Development, Centre for Human Development, Nigeria, 2007
- Certificate Course: Fun-Fun Programme on Proposal Writing, by the Carnegie Corporation of New York in Conjunction with the Directorate of Linkages and Sponsored research, OAU, Ile-Ife, Nigeria, 2006
[heading type=2]AWARDS AND GRANTS
- United Nations University and Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Joint Programme on Science and Technology for Sustainability South Korea Research Grant, 2013-2015
- United Nations Office for South-South Co-operation South Korea, Training grant, 2013-2015
- Fulbright Fellowship on Gender and Climate Change, Bronx Community College-New York City University, NYC, USA, 2014
- Research Grant by the Government of Japan, jointly administered by the UNDP and the Federal Ministry of Environment on the Capacity of Local Institutions to Respond to the Gender Dimensions of Climate Change, under the African Climate Change Adaptation Programme, 2012
- Gender Fellowship with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, Bonn, Germany, 2011
- Nigerian Environmental Study Action Team (NEST) grant for research on Building Nigeria’s Response to Climate Change (BNRCC) 2009~2011
- Bowen University Grant for the multiplication of desmodium Seeds for the “push-pull” project, 2006
- Gatsby Charitable Foundation Award, administered by Rothamsted Research, U.K, to gain experience in “push-pull” systems for stem-borer and striga control, ICIPE, Kenya, 2004
[call_to_action_2 style=”1″ header=”Research and List of Publications” content=”See list of all technical publications and scientific contributions of Dr. Edu Inam” buttontext=”On Google Scholar” background=”#dd4242″ background_hover=”#a32525″ url=”https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=o4zJjVMAAAAJ&hl=en” target=”_blank”]