[two_third][heading type=1]Edu Inam, PhD
[/heading] [heading type=3]Assistant Professor, Environmental and Radiochemistry Research Group[/heading][heading type=3]CEESR UNIUYO ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY LABORATORY[/heading][heading type=5]Member of UNIUYO Faculty since 1998[/heading] [/two_third]
[dropcaps type=”circle” color=”” background=””]E[/dropcaps]du’s research interests are focused on the monitoring of toxic chemicals in the aquatic environment, human health risks assessments, development of novel products for water purification and waste to energy technologies. I am particularly interested in basic technologies that will help improve the quality of life in rural communities in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ph.D PhD in Chemistry, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 2005.
- M.Sc. Master of Chemistry, University of Uyo, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, 1998.
- B.Sc. Bachelor of Chemistry, University of Uyo, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, 1988.
[heading type=2]PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATES
- Executive Diploma Course in Environmental Management at British Safety Council, London, UK, January – July, 2005
- Certificate in Internal Environmental Management System Auditor Course (ISO14001:2004) at Lloyds Quality Assurance Company, London, UK, Aug. 2005
- Certificate course in Environmental Change: Managing Risk at United Nations University, Tokyo, Japan, May – June, 2006
- Certificate course in International Co-operation and Development, at United Nations University, Tokyo, Japan, May-June, 2006
[heading type=2]AWARDS AND GRANTS
- TETFUND Institutional based research grant 2016
- American Chemical Society Global Innovation Imperative grant 2015
- United Nations University and Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Joint Program on Science and Technology for Sustainability South Korea Research Grant 2013-2016
- United Nations Office for South-South Co-operation South Korea, Training grant 2013-2015
- Schlumberger Faculty For the Future Fellowship for Post Doc Research in Korea, 2008-2010
- United Nations University and Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Joint Program on Science and Technology for Sustainability Post Doc Training Fellowship, 2007-2009
- United Nations Development Program and Akwa Ibom State Government Grant for Biogas Demonstration Project at Obo Annang, Essien Udim, 2006
- World Bank and Akwa Ibom State Government Grant for Training of 150 participants on Environmental Compliance Monitoring, Waste Management and Environmental Protection, 2006
[call_to_action_2 style=”1″ header=”Research and List of Publications” content=”See list of all technical publications and scientific contributions of Dr. Edu Inam” buttontext=”On Google Scholar” background=”#dd4242″ background_hover=”#a32525″ url=”https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=6FeL-4YAAAAJ&hl=en” target=”_blank”]